QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
· Ptyhio Iatrikes (MBBS equivalent), Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece( Graduated in 1977)
· Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in Obsterics and Gynaecology (Athens, Greece – 1981)
· Member of the European Societty of Gynaecological Endoscopy
· Member of the Greek Society of Gynaecologocial Endoscopy
· Trainer in Mitera Hospital, Athens, Greece, in Laparoscopic Operatiojs
SUMMARY OF APPOINTMENTS:
· Consultant in the private hospital Mitera (Member of the Hygeia group of hospitals) since 1985. Mitera is the largest maternity hospital in Greece, with 8.000 deliveries and 10.000 important operations each year.
· Co-Founder of Mitera Endoscopic and Hysteroscopic unit and active surgeon in that unit, performing over 300 laparoscopic operations per year.
· Board Member of the Hygeia Group of Hospitals from 2006 to January 2017
· Director of the obstetrical and gynecological clinic of the Hygeia Group of Hospitals in Tirana since 2014 until February 2017. Personally reorganized the clinic in which nearly 1200 deliveries and 600 gynecological operations are held every year.. Not limited to an administrative role in the clinic, performing over 50% of those operations laparoscopically himself.
· Member of the Scientific Council of Hygeia Group of Hospitals from 2007 up to 2012
· Internship in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the Staatische Kliniken in Duisburgh and the Frankiskiskrankenhaus in Essen, West Germany (1977-1980)
· Trainee in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the Athens University Alexandra Hospital (1980 – 1981)
· Specialist Registrar in Obstretics and Gynaecology in Mitera Hospital (1981 – 1985)
· Board Member of the Hygeia Hospital from 1988 to 2005
· Retrained in Laparoscopic surgery
o In Clermont by Prof. Bruhat (1996)
o In Brussels by Prof. J. Donezz (1997)
o In Hamburg by Prof. K. Semm (1998)
· Certificate of Off-Site training (as a console surgeon) using the DaVinci Robotic Surgical System (June 2007)
I have major experience in the full range of obstretics and gynaecology. For the past few years, my main interest is endoscopic surgery, as I believe it has led gynaecology to a different level. For that reason, my goal is to work in a minimal access unit with a team determined to continuously improve and keep up with the rapidly and ever expanding process in laparoscopic surgery, and pass the knowledge to colleagues who share the same passion for this subspeciality